With one point of entry, MERLIN UNITY eliminates any ambiguity that exists within individual markets. This means you know exactly what you’re getting.
MERLIN UNITY is a first of its kind, multi-line solution that provides stand-alone coverage by combining three core products under one policy.
Core lines of coverage:
Course of Construction
- In the event of an accident, course of construction insures your building or project under construction, against the cost of repair or replacement in the event of an accident.
- Up to $150,000,000 per occurrence limit.
Wrap Up Liability
- Provides third party liability for all contractors and owners on-site.
- Up to $25,000,000 aggregate limit over the project term.
Architects & Engineers’ Errors & Omissions
- Protects you and your company from litigation issues should a client blame you for a design error or omission, which results in the failure of the product to perform successfully.
- Up to $5,000,000 aggregate limit over the project term.
MERLIN UNITY incorporates an aggregate deductible. Why? Traditionally each of the three lines of coverage will include a single policy deductible applicable to each claim. Usually these deductibles vary in size according to the coverage. To avoid this and eliminate confusion, our policy utilises a single aggregate deductible across all three lines in the policy. Therefore, any indemnifiable claim greater than $5,000 occurring during the policy period, regardless of the cause, will erode this aggregate to a point where you are left with simply a self-insured retention of $5,000 per claim. The deductible can be eroded by a single event or in the event of unforeseen claims activity, by multiple occurrences.